TERMS & CONDITIONS
A 12-month warranty or (20,000 km) is given from the date of invoice on new parts and exchange units.
The customer must notify the supplier of the warranty issue when first known and cannot apply warranty without the approval of the supplier.
The warranty only applies to those parts that are deemed defective and will be replaced, credited or refunded (at the supplier’s discretion) at no charge. The defect must not result from any of the following:
The following conditions apply:
- Modification or adjustment to the product
- Incorrect operation or use of the product
- Contamination of the product by fuel, oil or other impurities
- Misuse of the product in contrary to the product specifications
- Incorrect installation of product
Note the warranty provided applies to parts only not labour costs.
If a product is suspected to be faulty or defective, notify the supplier promptly at email@example.com. Proof of purchase must be given with an explanation of issue with photo evidence (if available). An investigation will be carried out to determine the outcome.
The customer must notify the supplier that they wish to return the goods within 7 days of purchase. Goods must be in original packaging and have not been fitted to a vehicle or used in any way.
The following conditions apply:
- A 10% restocking fee applied to returned goods
- Freight on returned goods is the responsibility of the customer.
- Any relevant charges will be deducted from the refund or credit amount.
- Special orders are non-returnable.
- Refund is for purchase price and exclude any original freight/postage charges.
- The price of the product is that agreed to between customer and supplier.
- Online (retail) prices include GST and standard freight charges (additional charges may apply for express services).
- All accounts are to be paid up front before items are dispatched unless credit has been approved or the customer is a current member of the Capricorn Coop.
- Some products may require to be specially ordered. In this case, payment is required upfront and no refunds or credits are given for change of mind. Special orders are non-returnable.
Core / Exchange Explained
Although most parts in the automotive industry are manufactured from brand new parts, many are also remanufactured. Core charges act as an incentive for customers to return old units to the supplier. These parts can be rebuilt and re-circulated into aftermarket benefiting the consumer by keeping prices at a discounted rate. Other advantages include; recycling of old or hard to find parts, waste reduction and keeping parts available that might otherwise be redundant.
Please note, the core that is returned must be able to be repaired. If the core is not reusable, the core charge will not be refunded.
How does a core charge / refund work?
The core charge for the unit will be included in the total price. The breakup of this will be mentioned at time of quote or listed online. Once the unit has been received back by the supplier and inspected for its reusability, the core charge will then be refunded / credited. Please refer to table below for core charge amounts.
For example: you purchase a remanufactured pump for $1200 that has a $200 core charge applied. You buy the pump for $1200, fit it to your vehicle and return the old unit back. As this unit can be reused, you get the $200 core charge refunded. Which means the actual price you pay is $1000 for the pump.
Conditions of Return
The return of the old unit is the customers responsibility and therefore the customer incurs any freight costs associated (we can organize from our end and take the freight costs from the core charge refund).
The returned unit must not be so badly damaged or contaminated that it can no longer be repaired to fully working condition. The returned unit must also be the same injector or pump as supplied (it cannot be replaced with a similar one)